I can't tell you how excited I am to announce the changes underway in the coming months.
First off, I owe you all an apology. Due to personal, professional, and academic pressures, I have been unable focus on BinarySwitch's products for nearly a year. But I'm back now, and I've got a fire in my belly, a renewed passion for this company, and ideas for both new products and enhancements to existing products that are going to blow you away!
- BinarySwitch Eclipse 2.0 will be available for download sometime in the coming weeks. This version has been completely redesigned from the ground up to be faster, smarter, and more stable than past versions. Along with the new architecture comes a new user interface, improved blacklist protection, improved parental controls, and new features like scheduling and SmartFilters. More information on these changes will be coming soon.
- The BinarySwitch website is going to be changed to be more streamlined and easier to navigate.
- A new previously unannounced product will be available for download.
And that's just within the next month!
In addition, over the next year, expect to see the following:
- BinarySwitch Hive will be rewritten as an HTML 5 application that will across multiple platforms including in IE9, Google Chrome, iOS, Mac OS Lion, and Windows 8.
- BinarySwitch Reveal will be rewritten using newer technologies as well. Better support for multiple-monitor systems, as well as the ability to add multiple images to your backgrounds will be added.
- Two brand new products are also underway. More information on these will be coming soon sometime during the Summer.
With all of these exciting changes, I could use your help. Here's how:
- Beta Testing - I'd like to build a dream team with those of you who would be willing to try out some early versions of BinarySwitch Eclipse 2.0 and other upcoming software. If you're interested, drop me a line.
- Spread the Word - In 2011, there was over eleven thousand downloads (wow!) of BinarySwitch Eclipse, as well as increased downloads of Reveal and Hive. This is mostly due to you folks sharing my products with your family, friends, and colleagues. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate it, and I hope to continue developing products worthy of your recommendations.
- Stay in Touch - Whether it's to rant or to rave , I can't tell you how encouraging it is to hear from people out there using my products. Please contact me at email@example.com to let me know how I'm doing.
- Subscribe, Like, Follow, or Circle - In addition to the RSS feed, the BinarySwitch Blog is available on Facebook, Twitter, and now Google+. If you're a member of any of these popular social networking sites, please include BinarySwitch in your stream to be informed of the latest news and product offerings.
As always, thank you for your interest in BinarySwitch,